- Yield: 2 tablespoons per serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 211
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Cholesterol Content: 1mg
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 336mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Chickpea Dip with Fresh Vegetables
Make it Faster: Purchase prepared hummus at your local store.
Change it Up: Mix lentils into your favorite casseroles instead of meat.
Nutrition Tip: Pick low-sodium varieties of canned beans.
- chickpeas (garbanzo beans) - 1 (15 ounce) can, drained and rinsed
- garlic - 3 cloves
- plain lowfat yogurt - 1/4 cup
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- olive oil - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- paprika - 1/8 teaspoon
- ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- medium carrot - 1, cut into sticks
- medium celery stalks - 2, cut into sticks
- snap peas - 1/2 cup
1. Place the first eight ingredients into a blender container and blend until smooth.
2. Serve immediately using carrots, celery, and snap peas for dipping.