- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 1 cup
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 166
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1.2g
- Fiber Content: 6.3g
- Protein Content: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat Content: .2g
- Sodium Content: 43mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Fruit Crunch Cobbler
The following tips focus on the pear....
Prep Tip: Choose pears that look colorful and fresh with no holes or bruises. To ripen a pear, place on countertop in a bowl or paper bag. If placed near apples, pears will ripen more quickly. Store ripe pears in the refrigerator.
Change It Up: Not sure what to do with pears? Use them like you would use apples! Try them in baked goods, salads, on sandwiches, as jams, fruit compote, or as a topping for pancakes or waffles. Cut a pear in half, remove the core and fill the center of each half with all-natural peanut butter or low-fat yogurt. Sprinkle with granola and cinnamon for a healthy snack.
Nutrition Tip: Pears are an excellent source of fiber. Fiber helps you feel full, helps keep your blood sugar level normal, can help lower your cholesterol, and helps to avoid constipation. Fiber is only found in plant foods.
- pears - 3 medium pears, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can pear halves in 100% fruit juice, drained and sliced
- peaches - 2 medium peaches, sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can sliced peaches in 100% fruit juice, drained and sliced
- almond extract - 1/4 teaspoon almond (or vanilla extract)
- ground cinnamon - 1/4 teaspoon
- low-fat granola - 3/4 cup low-fat granola with raisins
1. Combine pears, peaches, cinnamon, and almond or vanilla extract in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir well.
2. Sprinkle granola over the top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap but leave a small opening for steam to escape.
3. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes. Divide into four bowls and serve.
4. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.