- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 1/2 cup
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 24
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Sodium Content: 11mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Herbed Vegetable Combo
Prep Tip: Keep sliced zucchini or yellow squash in a sealed bag or container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Change It Up: Be creative! Try different herbs you have on hand to spice up this recipe, such as dill, basil or thyme.
Nutrition Tip: Try dipping raw zucchini slices into low-fat salad dressing or hummus for a light summer snack.
- water - 2 tablespoons
- zucchini - 1 cup, thinly sliced
- yellow squash - 1 1/4 cups, thinly sliced
- green bell pepper - 1/2 cup, cut into strips
- celery - 1/4 cup, cut into 2-inch strips
- onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
- garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- tomato - 1, medium, cut into wedges
- Heat water in medium pan. Add zucchini, squash, bell pepper, celery, and onion.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender (about 4 minutes).
- Sprinkle vegetables with seasonings. Top with tomatoes.
- Cover again and cook over low heat until tomatoes are warm (about 2 minutes). Serve warm.