- Yield: 1/2 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 30
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Cholesterol Content: 2mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 145mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Make it Faster: Buy precut cabbage/coleslaw mix to use in this recipe.
Prep Tip: Before use, rinse cabbage thoroughly and remove tough outer leaves. Cut in half and trim core.
Change it Up: Boil or steam cabbages to use in stews, soups, and casseroles.
- red cabbage - 2 cups, thinly sliced
- green cabbage - 2 cups, thinly sliced
- yellow or red bell pepper - 1/2 cup, chopped
- carrots - 1/2 cup, shredded
- red wine vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- celery seed - 1/4 teaspoon, optional
- low fat cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup, cubed
- red onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
- fat free mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
1. In large bowl, combine vegetables.
2. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, and celery seed to make the dressing.
3. Pour dressing over the vegetables in large bowl. Toss until well coated.
4. Add cheese and serve chilled.