Print Nutrition facts (per portion)
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Sodium Content: 180mg
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 5g
Simple Kale Pesto
Change it Up: No kale on hand? Substitute with basil, parsley, garlic scapes, or chives. For a Mexican inspired pesto, substitute kale for cilantro and the nuts with pepitas.
- garlic - 2-3 cloves or 1-11/2 tablespoons bottled chopped garlic
- kale - 3 cups packed kale (about 1 small bunch)
- walnuts or pecans - 3/4 cup toasted*
- fresh lemon juice - 2 tablespoons (about 1 lemon)
- salt - 3/4 teaspoon
- black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
*How to toast walnuts or pecans:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange walnuts or pecans on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, turn over nuts several times to toast evenly.
- Let cool before using