Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 42
- Carbohydrate Content: 8.5g
- Cholesterol Content: 2.9mg
- Fat Content: .2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup dip
- Sodium Content: 327mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Fresh Broccoli and Dip
Prep Tip: Look for broccoli with a firm stem and tight, compact florets that are dark green in color. Store broccoli in an open plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to five days. Rinse (don’t soak) broccoli under cool water just before serving.
Change It Up: Broccoli can be eaten in a variety of ways—fresh, roasted, boiled, steamed, stir-fried, cooked from frozen, or even pureed. This dip also works well with any fresh vegetables you have on hand.
Nutrition Tip: Broccoli contains antioxidants. Antioxidants help keep the immune system, skin, and hair healthy.
- fat-free sour cream - 2 cups
- salsa* - 1 1/3 cup fresh or bottled*
- green onions (spring onions) - 3/4 cup, chopped (about 6 or so stalks)
- fresh broccoli - 8 cups broccoli (about 2 heads), cut into small pieces
1. Combine salsa, sour cream, green onions, and garlic salt in a bowl. Stir well.
2. Serve chilled with broccoli to dip.
*For delicious salsa recipes, enter salsa into the Search Recipes box on the left of the screen.