- Yield: 16
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 1/2 cup dip, 1/2 cup green beans
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 25
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Cholesterol Content: 1.4g
- Fat Content: .2g
- Fiber Content: .8g
- Protein Content: 1.2g
- Saturated Fat Content: .1g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Sodium Content: 80mg
Green Beans in Dip
Prep Tips: Keep washed, trimmed green beans in the refrigerator for ups to 5 days in a plastic bag poked with small holes. This helps the green beans stay fresh, cuts down on prep time and makes for a quick, healthy snack.
Change it Up: Try with fresh sliced cucumbers and zucchini. Use creamy salsa dip on baked potatoes.
Nutrition Tips: Green beans are a source of fiber. Fiber helps you feel full, helps keep your blood sugar level normal, can help lower your cholesterol, and helps to avoid constipation. It is found only in plant foods.
- sour cream - 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- salsa - 1 cup fresh salsa (see our watermelon salsa or pico de gallo recipes)
- green beans - 2 cups fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- In a bowl, mix salsa and sour cream
- Serve immediately with fresh green beans to dip.