- Yield: 1 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 146
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 22mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Oven Wedge Fries
Make it Faster: Bake, roast, or grill potatoes.
Prep Tip: Wash potatoes thoroughly before cooking.
Change it Up: Boil cubes of potatoes and carrot slices. Mash with a small amount of low-sodium chicken broth to make orange mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Tip: Top baked potatoes with avocado instead of butter. Other toppings include salsa, broccoli, lowfat cheddar cheese, and lowfat cottage cheese.
- nonstick cooking spray
- large russet potatoes - 2, wedged
- garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
- italian herb seasoning mix - 1 teaspoon
- chili powder or paprika - 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic with seasonings. Sprinkle ½ of the mixture over top of potato wedges.
3. Bake wedges for about 7 minutes or until they start to brown. Flip wedges over and sprinkle with the remaining mixture.
4. Bake for another 7 minutes or until wedges are brown and cooked through. Serve hot.