- Yield: 1 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 216
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Cholesterol Content: 26mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 544mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Tuna Apple Salad
Prep Tip: To keep apples from browning, prepare fresh apple dishes just before serving.
Change it Up: Use unsweetened applesauce to make lower fat baked goods. Replace shortening or oils in baking with an equal amount of applesauce plus one-third of the oil called for in the recipe.
Nutrition Tip: Look for apples that are firm and do not have bruises or soft spots.
- tuna - 2 six ounce cans of water packed tuna, drained
- red onion - 2 tablespoons, chopped
- medium apple - 1, cored and chopped
- celery - 1/4 cup, chopped
- golden raisins - 1/4 cup
- fat-free Italian dressing - 3 tablespoons
- salad greens - 2 cups
- pita - 2 medium sized, whole wheat
1. In a small bowl, stir tuna, onion, apple, celery, raisins, and two tablespoons of dressing together.
2. In another bowl, toss salad greens with remaining dressing.
3. Cut pitas in half to make 4 pita pockets.
4. Carefully fill pita pockets with equal amounts of tuna and salad greens. Serve immediately.