- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 1 cup
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 184
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Cholesterol Content: 55mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 456mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Zesty Chicken Salad
Prep Tip: Rinse (don’t soak) broccoli under cool water and gently pat dry before adding to the recipe.
Change It Up: Don’t have cilantro available? Try different fresh herbs you have on hand, such as parsley or basil.
Nutrition Tip: Take your child to the grocery store. Ask your child to help you pick out vegetables and fruits for meals and snacks.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 3, cooked and chilled
- green onions - 3
- small broccoli florets - 1 1/2 cups
- medium carrots - 2, peeled and cut into strips
- red bell pepper - 1, cut into strips
- shredded cabbage - 2 cups
- fat free Asian or sesame seed salad dressing - 1/2 cup
- 100% orange juice - 1/4 cup
- fresh cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped (optional)
- Cut chicken breasts into small strips. Place in a medium bowl with onions, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, and cabbage.
- In a small bowl, stir together dressing and juice. Pour over salad and toss well to coat.
- Stir in cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.