- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 1 cup
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 253
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Cholesterol Content: 2.8mg
- Fat Content: 1.1g
- Fiber Content: 3.7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: .2g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 108mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Prep Tip: Choose peaches that have a sweet smell and give slightly to gentle pressure. When determining the quantity of fresh peaches you'll need for any recipe: 1 1/2 medium peaches, pitted & chopped = 1 cup and 2 medium peaches, pitted & pureed = 1 cup.
Change It Up: Substitute 2 cups of strawberries for the nectarines. Combine peaches, low-fat yogurt, and granola for a healthy snack. If you are non-dairy or vegan, use your favorite dairy-free yogurt to make this smoothie.
Nutrition Tip: Eat the skin! The skin of fruits and vegetables contains fiber and many important vitamins and minerals. Peaches are a source of vitamin C and fiber. Fiber helps you feel full, helps keep your blood sugar level normal, can help lower your cholesterol, and helps to avoid constipation. Vitamin C is necessary for growth and development.
- peaches - 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- nectarines - 3 fresh nectarines, pitted and sliced
- nonfat plain yogurt - 2 1/4 cups
- 100% orange juice - 2 1/4 cups
- honey* - 11/2 tablespoons
1. Blend all ingredients together with ice. It might be necessary to blend 2-3 batches. Serve.
*Avoid giving honey to children under the age of one. Substitute 2 teaspoons of sugar in place of honey.