- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 449
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Fat Content: 6.6g
- Fiber Content: 3.5g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 715mg
Blueberry French Toast
Prep Tip: Freeze leftover pumpkin or stir 2 tablespoons into vanilla yogurt and use as a dip for fruit or graham crackers.
Change it Up: Instead of frozen blueberries, use frozen strawberries, raspberries, or peaches.
Nutrition Tip: Choose whole grain or multi-grain French bread when available
- French bread - 1 loaf, cut into 20 slices
- eggs - 8
- milk - 2 cups
- brown sugar - 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- pumpkin - 3/4 cup, canned
- vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
- cinnamon - 1.5 teaspoons, optional
- blueberries - 2 cups, fresh or frozen
- banana - 1 small, sliced, optional
- salt - just a pinch
- maple syrup - 1/4 cup, optional
- powdered sugar - 1 tablespoon, optional
- cooking spray
1. Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Arrange bread slices in pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Stir in blueberries and banana slices.
5. Pour wet mixture evenly over bread slices.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
7. Bake in a preheated, 375 degrees F oven, 30-35 minutes, or until set.
8. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup.