- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 7.5g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 443mg
Prep Tip: Soften cream cheese at room temperature before spreading.
Change it Up: Add any other chopped veggies you like. You can also use spinach or tomato tortillas for extra color.
Nutrition Tip: At the store, look for whole grain or whole wheat tortillas.
- cream cheese - 8 ounces, low-fat or fat-free
- garlic powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- flour tortillas - 8, small
- red pepper - 1 cup, chopped
- low-fat shredded cheese - 1 cup
- spinach leaves - 1 cup, fresh, (9-ounces frozen, thawed and squeezed dry)
- cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bell pepper and 2 tablespoons cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- Add spinach: 1/4 cup if using fresh leaves or 2 tablespoons if using frozen. Fold tortillas in half.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray. Heat until hot. Put 2 folded tortillas in skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove quesadillas from skillet, place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm while cooking the remainder.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve warm.