- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 141
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 3.1g
- Fiber Content: 5.5g
- Protein Content: 6.1g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 494mg
A great source of fiber!
Prep Tip: Rinse canned beans under cool running water to get rid of excess sodium.
Change it Up: Use canned or frozen black-eyed peas or kidney beans instead of the lima beans.
Nutrition Tip: Beans are a wonderful source of meatless protein. They are also low in fat and high in fiber.
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon, or you can use cooking oil
- onion - 1 small, white or yellow, diced
- lima beans - 2 cups, frozen or canned
- corn - 2 cups, fresh, canned, or frozen
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- diced tomatoes with jalapenos or green chilies (mild or spicy) - 1 small can, drained
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon, optional
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium and cook diced onion until it's soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of frozen lima beans and garlic.
- Cook until the beans are tender and warm.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.