- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 88
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Fat Content: 0.2g
- Fiber Content: 2.8g
- Protein Content: 1.2g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 158mg
Dried Plum & Apple Salad
Prep Tip: Toss the salad with the dressing as quickly as you can. The vinegar in the dressing will help keep the apples from browning and will soften the plum pieces.
Change it Up: Use baby spinach instead of lettuce and substitute an Asian-style ginger dressing fro the raspberry dressing.
Nutrition Tip: Dried plums are high in fiber and iron, which help keep your blood healthy. Try adding them to muffins, oatmeal, or cold cereal.
- lettuce - 1 head, washed and chopped or 6 cups washed salad greens of any kind
- dried plums - 1 cup, pitted, cut into 3-4 small pieces
- apple - 1, chopped
- red onion - 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- walnuts - 1/3 cup, chopped (or pecans, optional)
- low-fat raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing - 1/2 cup
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Toss well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.