- Yield: 1 tortilla per serving
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 146
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Cholesterol Content: 3mg
- Fat Content: 4
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 255mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa
Prep Tip: Place unripe tomatoes in a brown paper bag until ripe.
Change it Up: Add other vegetables, like chopped bell peppers, to this recipe.
Nutrition Tip: Look for low-sodium canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
- corn tortillas - 4 (6-inch)
- vegetable oil - 1/2 tablespoon
- egg substitute - 1 1/2 cups
- cheese - 2 tablespoons, shredded
- fresh salsa - 2 cups
- ground black pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
- nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Lightly brush tortillas with oil on both sides. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until tortillas are crisp on the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Cook egg substitute in skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until eggs are cooked.
5. Place equal amounts of egg on each tortilla. Top with ½ tablespoon cheese.
6. Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Spoon ½ cup fresh salsa over each tortilla and top with ground black pepper. Serve warm.