- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 7.7g
- Fiber Content: 1.2g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 310mg
Potato & Egg Casserole
Prep Tip: Any kind of chopped veggies can be added to the eggs in step 2 up to about 3/4 cup total. Check your refrigerator and use what you have.
Change it Up: Add finely chopped fresh herbs in step 2 such as basil, or cilantro, or parsley.
Nutrition Tip: Nonfat plain yogurt makes a great substitute for higher fat additions like sour cream or mayonnaise.
- Spray an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the potatoes and onions in prepared dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt, and garlic salt. Stir in cheese and optional additions: bacon, bell pepper, and green onions.
- Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave. Carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Cover and microwave on high for 7 more minutes or until eggs are set in the center.