- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Fat Content: 4.5g
- Fiber Content: 8.2g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 671mg
Spinach & White Bean Stew
Prep Tip: Always wipe the lids of cans before opening them. They could have dust or dirt on them.
Change it Up: Use any kind of canned flavored tomatoes you like such as Italian, or galic.
Nutrition Tip: This is a perfect main dish. The beans provide protein while the tomatoes and spinach provide lots of nutritious veggies.
- olive oil - 2 teaspoons, you can also use canola oil
- garlic - 1 clove, finely minced
- white onion - 1, small, finely diced
- chicken broth - 4 cups, you can also use vegetable broth
- tomatoes - 1 (14.5 ounce) can, diced, with green chilies, not drained
- white beans - 1 (14.5 ounce) can, drained
- pasta - 1/2 cup, small whole wheat
- ground rosemary - 1/2 teaspoon, you can use cumin instead
- fresh spinach - 3 cups, rinsed and trimmed
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup, grated, optional
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- In a large saucepan, cook the onions & garlic in the oil.
- Add broth, tomatoes, drained beans and rosemary or cumin. Season with black pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook until tender.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese (optional)