- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Fat Content: 4.7g
- Fiber Content: 3.9g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 294mg
Blueberry Brown Rice Salad
Whole grains make a difference.
Prep Tip: You can prepare the brown rice 1-2 days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
Change it Up: Be creative. Try different herbs you may have growing in your garden such as fresh mint, oregano , dill weed or thyme.
- brown rice - 2 cups, cooked
- blueberries - 1 cup, fresh
- cucumber - 1, small or medium, seeded and diced
- cranberries - 1/2 cup, dried
- canola - 1 tablespoon (or olive oil)
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- green onion - 2 tablespoons, chopped fine (optional)
- basil - 2 tablespoons, fresh chopped, optional
1. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, salt, and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, cucumber, cranberries, and green onion. Stir well.
3. Add the dressing to the rice mixture and stir again. Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
4. Add the chopped basil and serve at room temperature or chill for a few hours, then serve.