- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 99
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.3g
- Fat Content: 7.2g
- Fiber Content: 2.1g
- Protein Content: .6g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 222mg
Curry Carrot Salad
Makes great left-overs!
Prep Tip: Curry powder has a strong flavor so start with a little and add more if you like it.
Change it Up: Skip the apple and add jicama instead, or make the dish with just carrots.
Nutrition Tip: Spices add flavor and a little nutrition without adding sodium. Experiment with new spices and flavors.
- carrots - 4, medium, peeled if desired
- apple - 1 medium
- onion - 1/2 small
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- canola - 3 tablespoons (or vegetable oil)
- curry powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- ground black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- raisins - 1/4 cup, optional
- Shred carrots with a grater. Dice onion. Chop apple into small bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, apple and onions.
- In a second small bowl, combine oil, curry powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well. Let marinate 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid mixture over carrot mixture. Stir in raisins (optional). Mix well and serve immediately or chill before serving.