- Yield: 1 cup per serving
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 124
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 0mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Honey Gingered Fruit Salad
Make it Faster: Cut up some of the fruit the day before. Refrigerate overnight.
Prep Tip: Wash berries just before serving.
Change it Up: Stir your favorite berries into lowfat yogurt for a tasty snack.
Nutrition Tip: Choose blueberries that are plump and have a solid, dark blue color.
- Fruit Salad
- large mango - 1, peeled and cubed
- fresh blueberries - 1 cup
- small banana - 1, peeled and sliced
- strawberries - 1 cup, sliced
- seedless green grapes - 1 cup
- nectarines - 1 cup, sliced
- kiwifruit - 1 cup, peeled and sliced
- Honey Ginger Sauce
- 100% orange juice - 1/3 cup
- lemon juice - 2 tablespoons
- honey* - 1 tablespoon
- ground nutmeg - 1/8 teaspoon
- ground ginger - 1/8 teaspoon
1. In a large bowl, combine fruit (include any fruits that are available).
2. In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended.
3. Pour honey ginger sauce over fruit and toss together.
4. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Serve chilled.
*Do not give honey to children under the age of one.
Recipe courtesy of BOND of Color.