- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 7.2g
- Fiber Content: 8.3g
- Protein Content: 2.4g
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 10mg
Roasted Butternut Squash
Make it Faster: Cook squash in the microwave: Place squash cubes with oil and garlic on them, in a microwave safe bowl with a loose lid. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
Prep Tip: To cube squash, lay squash on side and cut into two halves, separating the "large ball" at the bottom from the "tube" at the top. Cut the bottom from the large ball so you have two parallel flat surfaces. Stand the ball on one flat face. Cut slices of skin off, from top to bottom, following the contour of the ball as you make each cut. Cut the top from the tube. Stand on one flat end. Cut slices of skin, from top to bottom. After both pieces are peeled, cut each half in half (top to bottom) to expose seeds. Scrape out the seeds and throw them out.
Change it Up: Make a sweet version of this squash. In Step 2, toss squash with oil plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup instead of olive oil and garlic.
Nutrition Tip: Squash is very good for you! It contains vitamins A, C, and fiber and it tastes sweet and delicious.
- butternut squash - 1, -- peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons, can also use canola oil
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss butternut squash chunks with oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.