- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 1 cup, 10 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 54
- Carbohydrate Content: 13xg
- Cholesterol Content: 2g
- Fat Content: .8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 25mg
Prep Tip: Store ripe melons on the counter or in the fridge for up to two weeks. Refrigerate cut melons in a sealed container. Use within three days.
Change It Up: Experiment with different herbs and spices like ginger, basil, cinnamon, vanilla, lemongrass or mint. No lime? Drizzle with a bit of lemon. Make it into a savory summer supper by adding fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes and cucumbers and a dash of your favorite vinegar, we like balsamic.
Nutrition Tip: Melons are a good source of carotenoids. Carotenoids are plant pigments that function like antioxidants by protecting the body from free radicals and may help protect against some diseases.
- cantaloupe - 1/2 fresh canteloupe (about 3 cups cubed)
- honeydew melon - 1/2 honeydew (about 3 cups cubed)
- watermelon - 1/2 small watermelon (about 4 cups cubed)
- chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- lime juice - 1 lime juiced
- Wash, peel, and cut melons into small cubes.
- Combine melons in a large bowl.
- Optional: Sprinkle chili powder and/or lime juice over fruit and gently turn until well mixed. Serve.