- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 71
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1.3g
- Protein Content: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat Content: .6g
- Serving Size: 4
- Sodium Content: 114mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Prep Tip: When shopping, choose firm cucumbers with smooth skins. Avoid cucumbers that have shriveled ends or blemishes. Helpful Hint: Thicker cucumbers have more seeds.
Change It Up: Add Chili Cucumbers to salads and sandwiches for extra flavor and crunch. Mix it up by trying a dash of other spices or herbs from your pantry. We like paprika, curry, lemon-pepper, dill, basil, thyme or any favorite seasoning blend.
Nutrition Tip: Cucumbers are about 96% water. Your body needs water to function properly. Eating cucumbers can help you meet your daily fluid needs.
- cucumber - 3 large cucumbers (40 slices)
- chili powder - Sprinkle of chili powder to taste
- crackers - 40 whole wheat crackers
1. Place one cucumber slice atop each cracker
2. Sprinkle with a dash of chili powder
3. Serve 4 chili cucumber crackers per person