- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: Coming soon...
Easy Kale Chips
Prep Tip: Choose leafy greens with full, fresh leaves, greens in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for two to five days. Wash thoroughly before use, and pat with paper towel to absorb excess water.
Change it Up: Experiment with different seasonings like lemon pepper, onion salt and dill, garlic salt and pepper, or Montreal steak seasoning. After the first 10 minutes of cooking, lightly sprinkle a 1/4 cup of shredded reduced-fat cheese over kale and let cook for at least 5 minutes before flipping over.
Nutrition Tip: Greens grow well in cooler weather and can survive the occasional frost. Kale and collards actually taste sweeter after a frost. Helpful Hint: 2 cups of raw greens makes about 1/2 cup cooked.
- kale - 1 head or bunch (5 large stalks about 8 inches long)
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- salt - To taste
1. Rinse kale. Remove and discard the ribs and stems.
2. Tear into large bite-sized pieces. Pat dry.
3. Massage kale gently with olive oil until all leaves are shiny.
4. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Spread on a baking sheet. Do not overlap leaves. Bake at 250° F for 20 minutes. Flip leaves and bake another 15-20 minutes or until kale is crisp but not brown or burned.