Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: Coming soon...
Prep Tip: Ripen hard plums in a paper bag at room temperature for up to three days. Use room temperature limes (or any citrus fruit you have on hand) to get the most juice.
Change it Up: Add granola for breakfast or dessert. Toss in a blender with ice and lowfat milk for a refreshing smoothie.
Nutrition Tip: Plums are a good source of vitamin C, which is necessary for growth and development and is only found in plants. The body does not make or store vitamin C, so it is important to eat foods with vitamin C every day.
- plums - 4 medium plums, washed, pitted and sliced
- low-fat vanilla yogurt - 2 cups
- orange juice - 1/4 cup 100% orange juice
- lime juice - 2 tablespoons
- brown sugar - 1 teaspoon
1. Gently slice plum along the seam, twist to open plum and remove pit (watch video)
2. Slice in segments for eating. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, juices, and brown sugar. Mix well and serve with sliced plums.