- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Sodium Content: 190mg
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 2.5g
Garlic Roasted Radishes
Prep Tip: Choose smooth, medium-sized, brightly-colored radishes with no pits or soft spots. Radishes will keep in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for up to a week. Be sure to remove the greens prior to storing. The greens are great in soups and salads.
12-14 radishes sliced = 1 cup.
Change It Up: Roasted Garlic Radishes are a good filling for wraps, tacos, quesadillas or burritos. Cooked or raw, add radishes to your favorite potato salad, roasted veggies, beef stew, or shred fresh and mix into tuna or chicken salad for a tasty crunch.
Nutrition Tip: Radishes are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for growth and development and is only found in plants. The body does not make or store vitamin C, so it is important to eat foods with vitamin C every day.
- radishes - 1 pound radishes (about 2 bunches), ends trimmed and halved
- garlic - 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped or 1-1 1/2 tablespoons bottled chopped garlic
- olive oil - 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- parsley - 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (1/2 teaspoon if fresh)
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and toss until all radishes are evenly coated.
3. Spread radishes out on a large baking pan or dish in a single layer.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Serve hot.