- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 95
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Cholesterol Content: 1g
- Fat Content: .4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 35mg
- Trans Fat Content: 0g
Prep Tip: Look for plump berries with a natural shine, rich red color, bright green caps, and a sweet smell. Strawberries do not ripen after harvest. Store unwashed strawberries in the refrigerator for up to three days. Before serving, use cool water to gently wash strawberries with the green caps still attached.
Change It Up: Substitute blueberries, blackberries or use a berry blend. Microwave sliced strawberries with a small amount of 100% orange juice to make a topping for pancakes and waffles.
Nutrition Tip: Strawberries provide an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C. Fiber helps you feel full, helps keep your blood sugar level normal, can help lower your cholesterol, and helps to avoid constipation. It is found only in plant foods.
- 100% orange juice - 1 cup 100% orange juice
- banana - 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- strawberries - 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- lowfat vanilla yogurt - 2 cups lowfat vanilla yogurt
- ice cubes - 10 ice cubes
1. Combine banana, orange juice, and half the strawberries into a blender, then blend until smooth.
2. Add yogurt, ice cubes, and remaining strawberries. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve immediately.