Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 51
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Cholesterol Content: 2.6mg
- Fiber Content: 3.4g
- Protein Content: 2.4g
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup vegetables and 1/4 cup dip
- Sodium Content: 235mg
Vegetable Medley with Salsa Dip
Prep Tip: Look for firm, smooth, and well-shaped vegetables with an even color. Avoid vegetables that feel soft, limp, or wilted.
Change It Up: This recipe can be easily modified using any fresh veggies you have on hand. We like it with cucumbers, broccoli and cauliflower. Looking for a dip that is dairy-free? Most grocery stores offer plant-based or vegan sour cream. If not, you can make your own from this link for Vegan Cashew Sour Cream.
Nutrition Tip: Carrots are a source of fiber. Fiber helps you feel full, helps keep your blood sugar level normal, can help lower your cholesterol, and helps to avoid constipation. It is found only in plant foods. Carrots are also an excellent source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is an antioxidant. Antioxidants help keep the immune system, skin, and hair healthy.
- carrots - 4 carrots, cut into 3-inch sticks
- celery - 4 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch sticks
- jicama - 1 jicama, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks
- radishes - 1 bunch, trimmed
- green onions - 12 green onions (also known as spring onions, scallions), trimmed
- fat-free sour cream - 1 16-ounce container
- pico de gallo - 2 cups pico de gallo (use any salsa, check for recipes on this site)
- Arrange vegetables on a platter.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream and pico de gallo. Serve.