- Yield: 10
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 1 cup, 10 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Cholesterol Content: 15g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5g
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Sodium Content: 170mg
- Sugar Content: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 1.5g
Lightened-Up Broccoli Salad
Prep Tip: Broccoli can be stored in an open bag in the refrigerator for up to five days. Rinse (don’t soak) broccoli under cool water just before using. Use the stem too, just cut off the browned end and slice.
Change it Up: Add chopped cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, grapes, or sliced radishes. Substitute walnuts for sunflower seeds or sliced almonds. Non-Dairy? Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil instead of yogurt and omit the cheese.
Nutrition Tip: In addition to being a good source of fiber and Vitamin C, Broccoli contains antioxidants. Antioxidants help keep the immune system, skin, and hair healthy.
- yogurt - 3/4 cup plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- honey - 2 tablespoons
- vinegar - 2 teaspoons
- broccoli - 2 heads fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- mozzarella - 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- dried cranberries or raisins - 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- walnuts - 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- red onion - 1/2 small red onion, diced
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, and honey* or sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Avoid giving honey to children under the age of one. Use 2 teaspoons of sugar instead.